Qlik is acquiring the assets and IP of Knarr Analytics, an innovative start-up that provides real-time collaboration, data exploration and insight capture capabilities, to complement Qlik’s cloud data and analytics platform.
Acquiring Knarr Analytics advances Qlik’s vision of Active Intelligence, where technology and processes trigger immediate action from real-time, up-to-date data to accelerate business value across the entire data and analytics supply chain.
Knarr can help create a unique data and insight fabric by engaging more users throughout the analytical process, surfacing greater business context for both underlying data and resulting insights.
This level of collaboration and sharing is essential to the creation of continuous intelligence at the core of Active Intelligence that drives action and value from data.
Knarr IP will enhance the Qlik Sense analytics cloud platform Insight Advisor experience, as well as the data exploration experience in the catalog. Qlik’s customers will realize increased value and benefits through:
- Sophisticated visual exploration of underlying data models before building analytics
- A glossary in the catalog for added business context, helping data consumers understand what specific data will best help answer their questions
- Real-time, multi-player collaboration to generate insights interactively with a team, helping organizations remove barriers between data and analytics users
- Ability to capture and share these insights with notes and snapshots, while automatically capturing the exploration state and context, enriching understanding and driving action
- Increased effectiveness through machine learning of Qlik’s unique approach to Augmented Intelligence, helping drive more complex analysis and better outcomes for users of all levels
Terms of the deal are not being disclosed. Knarr Analytics co-founder and CTO Speros Kokenes, a Qlik Luminary, will be joining Qlik as a member of the Applied Research and Emerging Technology Team.
Knarr Analytics products are no longer for sale, and Qlik will support existing prospects and partners while bringing Knarr IP into Qlik’s cloud platform throughout 2021.
For more information about this news, visit www.qlik.com.