Quest Software, a global systems management, data protection, and security software provider, is making enhancements to NetVault Plus—a cloud-ready enterprise data protection solution that enables protection and recovery of all systems, applications, and data across a complex IT environment.
NetVault Plus 13.1 users can now gain instant restore of systems, applications, and data, reduce the risk of data loss through continuous data protection, and significantly lower backup storage costs using deduplicated storage, both on-premises and in the cloud, according to the vendor.
NetVault Plus 13.1 provides a new continuous data protection workflow. Featuring incremental forever backups and synthetic full creation at the storage layer.
Users can also leverage the new workflow with VMware virtual machines and their Microsoft 365 data including, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Teams, OneDrive, and Azure Active Directory. This enhancement allows users to run backups more frequently to reduce the risk of data loss and damage and address demanding RPOs.
This protection technology also enables NetVault Plus 13.1 to offer instant restoration for VMware virtual environments. It allows users to either instantly recover a virtual machine back to production or simply boot for testing, from any incremental point directly from immutable deduplicated storage.
This reduces costs by decreasing time to recovery and removing the need for special hardware appliances, non-deduplicated landing zones, or staging areas, according to the company.
“As market demands and challenges grow, Quest’s award-winning NetVault Plus data protection solution continues to advance to help organizations meet demanding RTO and RPO parameters and attain their business continuity and disaster recovery goals,” said Heath Thompson, president and GM, ISM at Quest. “With its broad system, application, virtualization and cloud support, NetVault Plus 13.1 delivers a powerful yet easy to use data protection solution that is used globally to protect data centers, remote office and cloud resources.”
NetVault Plus 13.1 adds:
• Continuous data protection and instant of VMware virtual machines.
• Continuous data protection for Microsoft Office 365 data to deduplicated immutable storage.
• Instant restore of VMware virtual machines direct from de-duplicated, immutable storage.
• Backup direct to object storage provides simplified SaaS application protection leveraging native cloud storage.
• Immutable backup storage helps organizations protect business-critical systems, applications, and data, reducing risks of successful ransomware or cyber-attack.
• Enterprise class data protection for hybrid, cloud environments ensuring business resilience through disaster recovery readiness.
NetVault Plus 13.1 also provides the ability to backup directly to S3 compatible object storage in public cloud, private cloud, and on-premises object storage arrays, allowing adoption of cloud workflows and simple storage mechanisms. w
For more information about these enhancements, visit www.quest.com.