Quest Software, a global systems management and security software provider, is releasing Toad Edge 2.0, adding support for Postgres.
Toad Edge enables developers and database administrators to reduce the time and effort required to develop, manage and maintain Postgres -based open source databases, while ensuring optimal performance.
Toad Edge is a lightweight toolset that makes it easy for database professionals to ramp-up their PostgreSQL and EDB Postgres expertise.
This new release comes on the heels of recently added Toad Edge support for MariaDB and MySQL. It equips developer teams and DBAs with the necessary tools to address common challenges associated with OSDBMSs, such as meeting project functionality and scalability requirements, and managing various types of projects with differing timelines and dispersed teams.
Key features and benefits include:
- Schema Compare Capability - Identify and manage differences and initiate changes in real time with customizable, dynamic schema compare.
- Object Explorer – Intuitive graphical interface helps database professionals easily interact with their database objects.
- Object Search – Find any object in the database with simple text, wildcards, multiple values and regular expressions.
- Toad Edge Jenkins plugin - Achieve continuous database integration within DevOps workflows by automating Database Lifecycle Management tasks from within Jenkins.
- SQL Worksheet: A SQL writing interface that includes first-rate features, such as Content Assist to suggest keywords and templates, Outline Views to browse object details in context, and SQL recall.
- SQL Monitor: Displays all internal and user-executed SQL queries, along with execution times and error descriptions.
- OS flexibility: Supports both Windows and Mac OS X.
“We see our customers increasingly leverage open source database platforms like PostgreSQL and EDB Postgres, and we’re committed to arming them with the toolset they need that make it easy to develop and manage those open source environments,” said Patrick O’Keeffe, Executive Director, Software Engineering, Quest Software. “The addition of PostgreSQL and EDB Postgres support to Toad Edge further substantiates that commitment.”
For more information about this release, visit www.quest.com.