Qumulo, provider of a file data platform, has announced a new suite of data services to simplify managing massive amounts of file data.
According to Qumulo, although many workloads, such as data analytics, research computing, and rich media content creation, benefit from low latency and massive throughput, access to the most performant leading-edge technologies has historically been accessible only to specialized workloads with large budgets.
To address this issue, Qumulo provides machine learning optimized read and write cache leveraging NVMe. The intelligent cache manages data on the optimal storage media to get both high performance and cost-effective capacity. With the introduction of the latest release of Qumulo Core software and two new qualified hardware options (C-192T and C-432T), Qumulo now offers NVMe performance at the price of disk.
Key enhancements in Qumulo's new release include:
- Qumulo Dynamic Scale: As workloads get bigger and data increases, customers need a way to scale more easily. Dynamic Scale makes it easy to simply add additional nodes of the latest technology.
- Qumulo Secure: Organizations grapple with the complexity of encrypting all of their data, while staying on budget. Qumulo Secure makes this problem simple by encrypting all data automatically, for free, in software, and with no extra management required.
- Instant upgrades to Qumulo Core: Instant software upgrades on any cluster size in 20 seconds -- compared to the hours of time IT teams usually spend on updates.
- NVMe Cached Performance: High performance NVMe was previously accessible only to specialized workloads with large budgets. Qumulo’s intelligent cache manages data on the optimal storage media to get both high performance and cost-effective capacity.
Availability will be as follows:
- NVMe Cached Performance
- Software optimizations for NVMe as cache - available today in software release 3.0.2
- New qualified platforms
- C-192T - available to order today, general availability November 25, 2020
- C-432T - available to order today, general availability November 10, 2020
- Qumulo Dynamic Scale - available December 15, 2020
- Qumulo Secure - available today in software release 3.1.5
- Instant software upgrade for Qumulo Core - available November 25, 2020, in software release 3.3.3
- Qumulo Shift included in a visual interface - available today in software release 3.3.0
For more information, go to www.qumulo.com.