Redis Labs has announced the general availability of Redis Enterprise-powered tiers on Azure Cache for Redis, enabling companies to more effectively optimize for low-latency data access in their most critical applications. The Enterprise tiers are fully managed by Microsoft and are the result of a year-long collaboration between the companies to provide the most highly available, resilient, scalable, and extensible Redis service to customers.
The new Enterprise tiers offer benefits to developers, operators, and ultimately the customer's bottom line. The combination of Redis Enterprise and Azure Cache for Redis enables companies to always have access to the latest enterprise-grade Redis functionality, expanded use cases, and enterprise-grade active geo-replication deployment architected for five-nine uptime. The new Enterprise tiers can be consumed just as any other Azure Cache tier offering using the customers’ existing Azure commit.
“Companies can now effortlessly incorporate the performance and reliability of Redis Enterprise with the breadth and simplicity of consumption Azure offers to serve a variety of low-latency use cases,” said Ofer Bengal, CEO and Co-Founder, Redis Labs. “This unique service enables customers to confidently operate Redis at scale with five-nines availability and active geo-redundancy, expanded use cases with Redis modules, and operate at a very attractive cost on Azure.”
New Redis functionality in the Enterprise tiers include:
- Up to 99.999% availability, leveraging Redis Enterprise’s active geo-replication technology and Azure’s multiple availability zone deployment capability
- Flexibility to build modern applications leveraging Redis Enterprise modules, including RediSearch, RedisTimeSeries, and RedisBloom
- Scale cost-effectively with Redis on Flash’s intelligent memory tiering to ensure the greatest cost savings for large datasets
- Redis 6.0—including all native Redis data structures (streams included), and advanced security capabilities
- A seamless, familiar Azure UI for configuration and integrations to Azure security and monitoring services
- Consumption-based pricing—only pay for what’s required, with no minimum commitments
For more information, go to https://redislabs.com.