Addressing the needs of human resources (HR) departments that support global workforces in real time, SAP AG announced a series of new HR-based mobile apps to help managers and employees execute HR-based requests on-the-go. The new mobile apps from SAP are intended to increase employee and manager productivity, supporting the always-on workforce with real-time mobile capabilities for performing HR-related activities, including interviewing job candidates, managing employee performance, entering and approving leave requests and accessing corporate KPIs.
The following new apps are planned for general availability in the fourth quarter of 2011:
- SAP Manager Insight, which will provide managers with quick access to HR data, reports and KPIs at anytime and facilitate collaboration on HR topics and capture follow-up actions
- SAP Interview Assistant, which will allow managers to access documents, capture information during interviews and collaborate to act quickly during the hiring process
The following apps, originally announced at SAPPHIRE 2011 and also planned for general availability in the fourth quarter of 2011, will allow organizations to mobilize HR processes instantly:
- SAP Employee Lookup: will provide access to any employee's details and organizational information residing in the SAP ERP Human Capital Management (SAP ERP HCM) solution
- SAP Leave Request: will allow employees to create and review leave requests
- SAP Timesheet: will enable time entry to be captured immediately as work is performed
- SAP HR Approvals: will allow managers to approve employees' HR-related requests.
SAP Manager Insight and SAP Interview Assistant will be available on Apple iPad, while the other apps will run on Apple iPhone and BlackBerry smartphones. These apps are powered by Sybase Unwired Platform.
"With these mobile HR apps, SAP strengthens its commitment to the mobile space and the improved availability of HR processes that allows employees to increase their productivity while working on-the-go," said David Ludlow, group vice president, Human Capital Management, SAP.
For more information, visit www.sap.com.