Sigma Computing, the cloud analytics and business intelligence innovator, is launching Sigma Workbooks, combining spreadsheets with charts and data narratives in a single collaborative canvas.
Sigma Workbooks accelerates data-driven decisions by putting the power of analytics across billions of rows of live data directly into the hands of marketers, analysts, product managers, and other cross-functional business team members, according to the vendor.
The collaborative canvas enables everyone to find answers to critical questions in seconds, iterate and interact on analyses, share narratives in one unified place, and make data-driven decisions.
With the addition of Workbooks, Sigma now delivers:
- A unified collaborative canvas combines spreadsheets, charts, and narratives, keeping all data projects synchronized in a single, self-contained Sigma Workbook and enabling easy collaboration across the business.
- A cloud-scale spreadsheet interface for iterative data analysis, empowering cross-functional teams to conduct ad hoc analytics so they are no longer dependent upon the BI team for answers to their questions.
- A highly responsive user experience, enabling knowledge workers to calculate data and find answers in milliseconds.
- The ability to drill into data anywhere on a dashboard and calculate anything against billions of rows of live data using spreadsheet skills and formulas, enabling flexible, in-depth analysis down to the most granular level of detail whenever needed.
- The option to embed a Workbook and make the power of Sigma available to all authorized users.
The breadth and flexibility of Sigma Workbooks supports any analysis that can be done in a spreadsheet and more, but with the power and security of a direct connection to the cloud data warehouse.
Sigma Workbooks helps users understand the past, make real-time decisions, and model the future by supporting the following use cases and more:
- Root Cause Analysis;
- Cohort Analysis;
- Customer Journey 360;
- Supply Chain Optimization;
- Market Basket Optimization;
- Customer Issue Resolution;
- Scenario Modeling;
- What-if Analysis;
“Sigma has solved the data access versus control conundrum that IT and data teams have been grappling with for years,” said Sigma Computing co-founder and CTO Rob Woollen. “With a data exploration and analytics interface that is similar to a spreadsheet, Sigma Workbooks meets knowledge workers, like operations, finance, and marketing teams, where they are when it comes to analytical skills and empowers them to find the answers they need to make decisions quickly. Sigma Workbooks also gives some much needed time back to data and BI teams so they can focus on larger initiatives, curating data sets, and supporting the data needs of business teams behind the scenes.”
Sigma Workbooks elevates corporate competitiveness by empowering cross-functional teams with direct access to live data, the ability to apply their domain expertise to analyses, and find the answers they need to make better, faster decisions.
For more information about this news, visit www.sigmacomputing.com.