Skytap, provider of a service to run IBM Power workloads natively in the cloud, announced that it has been certified by SAP to run SAP NetWeaver workloads on AIX and IBM i in Microsoft Azure.
Skytap enables SAP ERP systems to be migrated to the cloud, regardless of operating system and without rewriting or refactoring, for production, disaster recovery, backup and archival, and application development and testing.
Skytap is now certified for SAP products including SAP NetWeaver, SAP ECC (5.0+ and 6.0+), SAP R/3, SAP BusinessObjects BI, SAP Business Suite, and SAP Business All-in-One. SAP granted Skytap certified status for Cloud Infrastructure and Operations .
“The RISE journey to HANA requires a first step,” said Brad Schick, CEO at Skytap. “Skytap helps organizations take that step by lifting and shifting SAP NetWeaver workloads to Azure for a variety of use cases, from full production to simple archiving, to unlock cloud scalability and agility. Either as a complementary solution to consolidate all SAP NetWeaver workloads on AIX in Azure or as part of a migration to HANA, users can rest assured that Skytap is a trusted environment for SAP applications that meets SAP’s high standards.”
As an SAP-certified partner, Skytap now provides the thousands of organizations running SAP NetWeaver workloads on AIX today with a streamlined migration to Azure and an ideal accelerant for those considering a move to SAP S/4HANA.
Business drivers for migrating SAP workloads to Azure via Skytap include:
“SAP is widely used among organizations running AIX and there’s tremendous interest in moving these critical systems to Azure,” said Eric Lockard, corporate vice president, Azure Dedicated, at Microsoft. “With Skytap’s existing integrations to Azure and certification from SAP on AIX, there are now more options for organizations to streamline the migration of non-HANA workloads to Azure via Skytap and take advantage of its flexibility, cost saving and security.”
- Business Continuity: migrate SAP NetWeaver workloads requiring cloud backup and disaster recovery
- Regulation and Compliance: maintain legacy SAP NetWeaver workloads in read-only state in Azure
- IBM Power Data Center Exit: migrate SAP NetWeaver workloads as a complementary solution to consolidate all workloads on AIX or IBM i in Azure or as part of a migration to HANA
Modernization of Business Processes:
- Move SAP NetWeaver workloads to Skytap on Azure enabling them to interoperate with HANA workloads or other Business Applications running on Azure
- Move SAP NetWeaver workloads to Skytap on Azure enabling them to more easily transition to HANA
For more information about this news, visit www.skytap.com.