Snyk, a provider of developer security, is offering its SnykLaunch Fall 2022, providing a number of significant innovations that extend the reach and power of the company’s existing Developer Security Platform. This platform update allows more companies to maximize the benefits of DevSecOps and effective collaboration between their developer, operations, and security teams, according to the vendor.
“Snyk was founded on the belief that the developers building our collective future should also be empowered and equipped to secure it,” said Adi Sharabani, chief technology officer, Snyk. “We’re proud to share today’s latest significant developments to help our global customers continue their pace of innovation securely.”
Now available as part of the SnykLaunch Fall 2022 line up:
- The general availability (GA) of Snyk Cloud;
- New capabilities to more effectively secure the software supply chain, including enhancements to simplify the emerging requirements around software bill of materials (SBOM);
- Revamped reporting features, allowing for greater visibility and governance for developer security programs; and,
- New recently developed plans to help existing customers get the most out of their Snyk investment.
“We built the industry’s leading developer security platform to help companies embrace the business-critical transformation of DevSecOps and reap its many benefits,” said Manoj Nair, chief product officer, Snyk. “We’re committed to continually improving and evolving the platform to ensure that developers, security engineering and cloud operation teams are able to effectively collaborate to both increase their security posture and speed of innovation.”
Made possible by the acquisition of Fugue earlier this year, Snyk Cloud customers are the first to benefit from a unified platform and policy engine that equips them to create secure deployments via an unmatched feedback loop: from code to cloud and back to code.
Developers now have the ability to secure their cloud before deployment and maintain its secure integrity while running as well as then assess and prioritize the precise places to provide fixes back in their code.
With Snyk’s new SBOM features, customers will gain full spectrum visibility into their software supply chains. These new capabilities include:
- Developer-First Application Programming Interface (API) & Command-Line Interface (CLI): generates SBOMs, allowing customers to create one source of truth and have comprehensive visibility into their full software supply chain;
- SBOM Checker: scans standard SBOMs to identify security vulnerabilities for free; and,
- Bomber Integration: scans SBOMs using Bomber, a popular open source application, and tests them against the Snyk Vulnerability Database.
Effective DevSecOps requires truly shared responsibility across security and development teams. To provide the visibility needed to make collaborative, data-based decisions, Snyk’s new reporting features were made possible by the acquisition of TopCoat earlier this year.
Implementing best-in-class data tools to ensure optimized performance and reliability, Snyk’s revamped reporting is easy to use, comprehensive and flexible, providing development and security teams with the visibility they need to answer any security question that may arise, according to the company.
For more information about these updates, visit https://snyk.io.