SolarWinds, a provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, is making enhancements to its web performance monitoring products, including releasing updates to both the SolarWinds Orion Platform-based Web Performance Monitor (WPM), now WPM 3.0, and its SaaS-based SolarWinds Pingdom solution.
The web performance monitoring product updates deepen the company’s commitment to meeting the needs of technology professionals operating in on-premises IT environments inside the firewall as well as hybrid and public-cloud environments.
The new features in the updated version of WPM 3.0 and Pingdom meet the needs of both IT operations and DevOps teams in unprecedented ways.
With the improved functionalities, technology professionals managing every type of environment can monitor website availability and performance, ultimately creating an overall exceptional user experience.
“At SolarWinds, we’re dedicated to providing today’s tech pros with the solutions they need to do their jobs effectively as the businesses they support evolve,” said Jim Hansen, vice president of products, application management, SolarWinds. “By offering web performance monitoring products that complement one another while also solving varied use cases, we’re meeting the unique needs of tech pros across all tech environments in multiple ways. Whether you’re a systems administrator in IT operations owning website availability and performance, or you’re the web application owner responsible for overall user experience, SolarWinds provides support for diverse web performance monitoring needs.
WPM is a comprehensive monitoring solution for SaaS applications and websites that helps users find and fix web performance issues quickly and effectively by monitoring websites and web-based applications from distributed locations. The updated WPM 3.0 version now includes:
- An improved synthetic user monitoring solution which streamlines troubleshooting to quickly mitigate issues hindering the user experience of modern applications.
- The ability to monitor the performance of websites and web-based applications from inside the firewall, helping ensure employees can gain access to the applications they need.
- Improvements to the integrated view of website and web-based applications performance monitoring—making troubleshooting significantly faster via a single pane of glass.
- Comprehensive monitoring of critical Microsoft® application services also expands the breadth and depth of WPM’s capabilities. With WPM, users receive insight and visibility into application performance and health for supported Microsoft technologies.
Pingdom provides web application performance monitoring outside the firewall, including real user monitoring (RUM), uptime, page speed, and synthetics. By providing a real-time, outside-in look at a web application’s availability and performance, Pingdom helps ensure continual availability and performance.
With its latest update, Pingdom has made several improvements based on user feedback, including:
- Transaction check sleep
- Contextual and actionable alerts
- Flexible maintenance windows
For more information about these updates, visit www.solarwinds.com.