SolarWinds, a provider of IT management software, is unveiling the SolarWinds Flow Tool Bundle, a set of free analysis tools designed for greater visibility into network infrastructure.
“The development and general availability of the Flow Tool Bundle demonstrates our continued commitment to providing free tools to the technology professional community,” said Brandon Shopp, vice president product management and strategy, SolarWinds. “By engaging with our users in forums like the THWACK community, we are able to build products designed to address the needs of today’s tech pros, providing them with the tools to succeed in dynamic and distributed environments.”
SolarWinds Flow Tool Bundle integrates two new tools with an existing free flow tool:
- NetFlow Replicator can help tech pros more easily distribute flow data to multiple destinations for traffic or security analysis and configure random sampling of flow data packets to help reduce the load on the monitored system and collector.
- NetFlow Generator simulates network flow data so tech pros can test and validate their configurations. This functionality is especially helpful when testing the behavior of more complex network entities, such as load balancers, firewall rules, and alert trigger conditions.
- NetFlow Configurator remotely configures and activates NetFlow v5 on supported Cisco devices. With this tool, tech pros can easily set up the router to send NetFlow records to their collector.
Notable features include:
- Replicate IPv4 and IPv6 flow data to multiple destinations
- Generate simulated flow traffic to aid in flow tool troubleshooting
- Test and validate configurations
- Remotely and quickly configure NetFlow v5
- Activate NetFlow and find bandwidth hogs
For more information about this release, visit www.solarwinds.com.