SolarWinds is making a series of updates to its network management product portfolio, allowing the platform to support networks up to four times larger.
This improvement makes it easy to consolidate monitoring solutions to a single provider, and gives IT professionals greater flexibility to scale up and support larger data center networks as workloads increase, or scale out to address complex distributed networks.
SolarWinds says the broad refresh of its network management portfolio strengthens its IDC-validated network management leadership position.1 Updated versions of Network Performance Monitor (NPM), Network Configuration Manager (NCM), IP Address Manager (IPAM), NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA), and VoIP & Network Quality Manager (VNQM) are now available.
The four-fold increase in monitoring capacity allows IT professionals to accelerate and simplify their network management process while reducing the resources needed for monitoring activities, making it easier to consolidate tools.
The latest software adds intelligent, auto-generating, and contextually-aware maps that enable faster and clearer visualization of network performance.
The update introduces Network Insight for Cisco Nexus, the latest Network Insight, which already includes support for F5 and Cisco ASA.
This feature gives IT professionals a quick view of the landscape and any bottlenecks. It presents data in a simplified functional model, so that everyone on the IT staff can achieve expert-level insights on Nexus performance regardless of proficiency level.
Within its network management portfolio, SolarWinds announced updates to the following software products.
- Network Performance Monitor (NPM) 12.3 – Along with Network Insight for Cisco Nexus, including detailed visibility into virtual Port Channels (vPCs), the latest version of NPM provides superior network monitoring capabilities and detailed visibility for multi-vendor environments.
- Network Configuration Monitor (NCM) 7.8 – The updated version brings even stronger automation and control of network functions and, like NPM, adds Network Insight for Cisco Nexus switches. It provides configuration snippets and the ability to filter, search, and view access control lists (ACLs), including object groups, and Virtual Device Context (VDC) support.
- IP Address Manager (IPAM) 4.7 – A valuable tool that automates management of IP addresses, the latest version now automates IP requests and monitors hybrid environments with Amazon® Route53 and Azure DNS support.
- NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) 4.4 – With a new Flow Storage SQL database at its foundation and less-demanding CPU and IOPS requirements, the new version offers IT professionals significantly improved speed and performance in identifying network traffic issues and removing bottlenecks, while providing better security.
- VoIP and Network Quality Manager (VNQM) 4.5 – The latest version of VNQM adds support for monitoring of SIP trunks, enabling users to manage voice quality and performance across networks using the latest VoIP technologies.
For more information about these updates, visit www.solarwinds.com.