SolarWinds, provider of IT management software, has announced updates across its IT Operations Management offerings, including the Orion Platform suite of products, and its application performance management (APM) suite. The enhancements extend SolarWinds support for organizations investing in Microsoft Azure, and offer technology professionals the ability to monitor, manage, and secure hybrid IT operations.
The updates span both the SaaS-delivered APM suite, and the SolarWinds Orion Platform, which scales to encompass monitoring of on-premise and cloud environments, including Microsoft Azure, with support for monitoring Azure IaaS (Windows and Linux) and PaaS services, as well as Office 365.
“Understanding how to migrate and manage applications in the cloud is critical as hybrid environments continue to be the reality for today’s tech pros,” said Thomas LaRock, head geek, SolarWinds. “Our latest portfolio updates and broadened platform support for Azure environments empowers tech pros to better monitor, manage, and secure hybrid applications and infrastructure."
Capabilities include the following:
- AppOptics and Pingdom (part of the SaaS-delivered APM suite): Included in AppOptics is the capability to monitor key Azure services and extended support to provide powerful application performance monitoring with tracing and code-level troubleshooting for applications running on an Azure App Service. Combined with the integration between AppOptics and Loggly, this extends its full-stack traces-to-logs support to provide comprehensive monitoring of Azure, applications running on Azure, and the logs created by those applications. Pingdom also extends support of Azure through the recently released Pingdom API 3.1, which makes it even easier to capture performance and availability data from Azure web applications.
- Database Performance Analyzer (DPA): Adds new database performance analysis and recommendations for Azure SQL Database Managed Instances and adds support for the latest versions of popular databases including SQL Server 2019, Oracle 19, MariaDB 10, and MySQL 8.
- Server Configuration Monitor (SCM): Provides animproved ability to monitor and alert on changes made within Windows systems running on Azure IaaS and adds support for detecting and tracking changes on Linux servers.
- Orion Maps: Includes editing capabilities to deliver improved context and relevant visualizations with background images, and more.
- SolarWinds Service Desk (SWSD):Integrates with the Orion Platform for streamlined IT Service Management (ITSM) governance and workflow. This integration improves time-to-resolution by automatically creating IT incident tickets in SWSD when an Orion alert is triggered.
- Cost Calculator for Azure: Identifies total spend for cloud services across one or several Azure subscriptions as a free tool for tech pros.
To ease customers’ public cloud migrations, SolarWinds and Microsoft have partnered to certify the Orion Platform and its modules for Azure, and make them available within the Azure Marketplace. SolarWinds has added support for Azure SQL Database Managed Instance as the Orion database, helping customers reduce management overhead and total cost of ownership (TCO) associated with traditional database deployments.
In addition, according to SolarWinds, digital transformation journeys typically require companies and tech pros to invest in multiple management consoles to maintain security across their entire hybrid IT environment. Included in this wave of updates are the latest versions of Security Event Manager and Access Rights Manager, helping simplify the process of creating a reliable security posture for tech pros.
For more information, go to www.solarwinds.com