SAP is acquiring Callidus Software Inc., a market leader known for its lead to money applications, including sales performance management and configure-price-quote (CPQ).
This strategic move will strengthen SAP’s intelligent customer experience suite of solutions.
“By connecting the front office to the back office and linking it to a digital core system, we are redefining CRM,” said Rob Enslin, member of the Executive Board of SAP SE and President, SAP Cloud Business Group With SAP Hybris solutions,” We already have one of the most powerful customer experience suites on the market. By enhancing our CRM with CallidusCloud, we are delivering on our strategy to provide an end-to-end intelligent customer experience suite. When you integrate the front office into SAP S/4HANA with SAP Cloud Platform, this is how CEOs are looking to run an intelligent digital business.”
These applications, marketed under the brand CallidusCloud, will provide SAP and its customers a differentiated, cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) solution, putting SAP in a position to compete in the US$46 billion CRM market.
SAP plans to consolidate CallidusCloud product assets within the SAP Hybris cloud portfolio, which is part of SAP’s Cloud Business Group.
Each outstanding share of Callidus Software Inc. common stock has been converted into the right to receive US$36 per share in cash. Callidus Software Inc. has notified the Nasdaq Stock Market of the completion of the acquisition and expects trading of its common stock to be suspended pending delisting.
The acquisition of CallidusCloud completes SAP’s design of a new front office that extends beyond legacy CRM to an intelligent customer experience suite consisting of:
- CallidusCloud solutions, which give companies tools to inspire and empower sales professionals to follow leads to cash, compensation and career success
- Gigya solutions, which help businesses adopting a digital approach to marketing, sales and service to initiate and build trusted relationships with online customers by appropriately managing and collecting customer data
- SAP Hybris marketing solutions, which take a data-rich approach to helping marketers engage consumers throughout the buyer’s journey
- SAP Hybris service solutions, which focus on retention and ensuring businesses can keep customers by predicting how best to serve them
- SAP Hybris omnichannel commerce and revenue capabilities, which empower businesses to engage consumers in any channel and on any device, immediately converting transactions to revenue and growth
For more information about this news, visit www.sap.com.