Striim, provider of an enterprise-grade streaming data integration solution for moving data to the cloud, is expanding its strategic partnership with Google Cloud by offering the new Striim Migration Service for Google Cloud, or "SMSGC," to help enterprises migrate existing databases to Google Cloud Database Services.
The migration service includes moving data, both in bulk and through continuous real-time replication, to Google's Cloud Spanner, and Cloud SQL for MySQL, SQL Server, and PostgreSQL from enterprise sources such as SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, and PostgreSQL. Customers can also migrate existing databases running in other cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure.
"As organizations increasingly select Google Cloud for data modernization, it is critical that they can smoothly migrate their data rapidly and seamlessly. We're committed to providing the technology and partnerships to help them do so," said Kevin Ichhpurani, corporate vice president, global ecosystem at Google Cloud.
Customers can move data from the following enterprise sources:
- AWS S3, AWS RDS (Aurora, Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MariaDB)
- Azure SQL Database, Azure Database PostgreSQL, and Azure Database MySQL
- Databases (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and MySQL) deployed on GCE VM
- On-premise SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Oracle Exadata, MySQL, and MariaDB
The data can be moved into databases deployed on Google Cloud including
- Cloud Spanner, Cloud SQL for SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and MySQL
- SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL on GCE VM
For more information, go to www.striim.com/partners/google-cloud-platform.