Styra, Inc., the founders of Open Policy Agent (OPA) and providers of cloud-native authorization, is releasing new cloud infrastructure support via Terraform, extending Styra Declarative Authorization Service (DAS) guardrails to storage, network, and compute resource configuration in public clouds including AWS, GCP and Azure.
With this addition, Styra DAS now provides a unified policy-as-code solution, built on OPA, to ensure cloud infrastructure, Kubernetes, and service mesh deployments are secure and compliant.
With Styra DAS and OPA, cloud and DevOps teams have a unified platform for authorization to mitigate risk, reduce human error and accelerate platform development, according to the vendor.
“Until now, DevOps and cloud platform teams had to manage authorization, policy and configuration with disparate tools in each of their clouds, in each of their orchestration clusters, and between the microservices that comprise modern apps,” said Tim Hinrichs, co-founder and chief technology officer of Styra. “OPA has become the standard way to validate configuration and enforce guardrails across disparate systems, but teams need a unified solution to deploy, monitor and manage OPA at scale across cloud, K8s and microservices. That’s where Styra DAS comes in.”
By extending Styra DAS to Terraform cloud infrastructure policy, cloud and DevOps teams no longer have to manage multiple security tools, or rely on best-effort manual processes, thanks to a unified platform for authorization that’s mapped to common security standards and industry best practices. With this control plane, teams can:
- Eliminate ongoing management of custom tooling and speed deployment with a single policy framework for cloud infrastructure authorization
- Manage the entire lifecycle of the cloud platform from design to deployment
- Eliminate policy silos with a single platform for cross-team collaboration
- Automate configuration validation, deploy platform security based on proven standards, and prove compliance
- Get started quickly with the only library of security policies built by the founders of OPA
Now, with Styra DAS extended across the cloud platform, teams have a single solution to deploy, manage and monitor OPA at scale.
Together, OPA and Styra DAS provide security, operations and compliance guardrails to protect modern app platforms across cloud, Kubernetes and microservices.
For more information about this news, visit www.styra.com.