Sumo Logic, provider of a cloud-native, machine data analytics platform is unveiling 11 new Google Cloud Platform (GCP) applications as well as integration with Google Cloud’s open source machine learning library, TensorFlow.
The applications will enable real-time collection and analytics of machine data emitted by all major GCP services. Sumo Logic will also leverage TensorFlow machine learning libraries to augment existing machine learning analytics to enable customers to perform powerful analytics and apply advanced machine learning to data generated by their modern applications to improve operational, security, and business outcomes.
“As today’s modern businesses continue to look for ways to differentiate themselves and deliver a seamless experience to their customers, the demand for secure, customizable solutions that support multiple cloud platforms is growing,” said Bruno Kurtic, founding VP of product and strategy, Sumo Logic. “The Sumo Logic platform is purpose-built to provide flexible and scalable enterprise-class support for all major cloud platforms — including AWS, Azure and GCP — to detect, troubleshoot and help rapidly investigate operational and security incidents to give users real-time actionable intelligence. This latest release further reinforces our longstanding commitment to deliver continuous intelligence for our customers’ businesses, regardless of where their modern applications and infrastructure data reside.”
The new GCP apps are now available via the Sumo Logic App Catalog, and include support for:
- Google App Engine Understand platform activity, incoming requests, applications, HTTP status codes, and latency and response times in your App Engine to get ahead of serious issues before they affect users.
- Google BigQuery: Proactively manage and troubleshoot your Google BigQuery data warehouse for deep operation insights, query optimization and enhanced user activity.
- Google Cloud Audit: Empower your audit and compliance needs by monitoring and tracking user, administrative and authentication activity for a real-time analysis of all audit streams across GCP.
- Google Cloud Functions: Leverage pre-configured dashboards and searches for deeper visibility into the overall usage, executions, operations, latency, errors, outliers and failures of your Google Cloud Functions environment.
- Google Cloud Identity & Access Management (IAM): Monitor Google Cloud IAM project activities, operations, role activities, role and policy changes, and IAM messages to analyze changes, share critical data and secure your environment.
- Google Cloud Load Balancing: Use pre-configured dashboards to monitor load balancing activity and get full insight into request locations and volume, response codes, and request and response data by load balancer.
- Google Cloud SQL: Easy-to-deploy pre-configured Sumo Logic dashboards provide insight into created and deleted resources, messages, authorization failures, user activities and error logs for all Google Cloud SQL activity.
- Google Cloud Storage: Continuously monitor and troubleshoot activity in Google Cloud Storage for insights into request locations, bucket and object operations, user activities, errors, and bucket statistics.
- Google Compute Engine: Monitor your infrastructure to visualize the activities, users, and message severity of your Google Compute Engine, the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) component of Google Cloud Platform.
- Google Kubernetes Engine: Gain node-level and pod-level monitoring information for deeper operational insights, container optimization, and security and compliance of your Kubernetes environment to better manage potential risks and threats.
- Google Virtual Private Cloud (VPC): Leverage interactive, customizable dashboards with outlier detection to trace unusual traffic patterns and suspicious activity for VPC flows and gain real-time insights and analytics into network activity for GCP-generated log data.
With expanded GCP support, Sumo Logic enables GCP customers to improve monitoring, detection and alerting on operational issues, accelerate troubleshooting and root cause analysis, help with compliance regulations such as PCI, HIPAA, SOX, GDPR, and deliver real-time, threat-aware security analytics that facilitate powerful security incident investigations for their applications and GCP infrastructure — all with the goal of improving operational and security visibility to deliver the ultimate customer experience.
The addition of Google Cloud’s open source TensorFlow libraries to Sumo Logic’s machine learning engine enables customers to deploy more custom machine learning algorithms directly to their data.
This allows customers to gain deeper insights from their machine data, a critical data set for companies focused on improving how they serve their customers, understanding user behavior and leveraging all data sets to differentiate from competition.
For more information about this news, visit www.sumologic.com.