Syncsort Launches Assure Security to Help Security Officers, and IBM i and Db2 Admins
Syncsort has introduced Assure Security, combining access control, data privacy compliance monitoring, and risk assessment into a single product. Together, the capabilities are aimed at helping security officers, as well as IBM i and Db2 administrators to address critical security challenges and comply with new regulations meant to safeguard and protect the privacy of data.
Citing statistics from Privacy Rights Clearinghouse, Syncsort said there were 828 reported security incidents in 2018 resulting in the exposure of over 1.37 billion records of sensitive data. As regulations to help protect consumer and business data become stricter and more numerous, organizations must build more robust data governance and security programs to comply with GDPR, New York Department of Financial Services Cybersecurity regulations, the California Consumer Privacy Act, which takes effect January 1, 2020, and other data handling mandates.
“In a recent survey, Syncsort found security is the number-one priority for IT pros with IBM i systems. Given the increasing sophistication of cyberattacks, it’s not surprising 41% of respondents reported that their company experienced a security breach and 20% more were unsure if they had been breached,” said David Hodgson, CPO, Syncsort.
To address these concerns, Syncsort says, Assure Security brings together IBM i security capabilities into an all-in-one solution, with the flexibility for customers to license individual modules.
Highlights of the new product include:
- Assure Compliance Monitoring, which identifies security and compliance issues with real-time alerts and reports on IBM i system activity and database changes. New technology also monitors views of highly confidential Db2 data, with the option to block data from view. Security data can optionally be sent to enterprise SIEM solutions, where IBM i security can be monitored alongside other enterprise platforms.
- Assure Access Control, which provides control of access to IBM i systems and their data through a bundle of capabilities that deliver powerful, flexible multi-factor authentication with RSA SecurID certification, automated management and tracking of elevated user authorities, and comprehensive coverage of system and database access points.
- Assure Data Privacy, which protects IBM i data at-rest and in-motion from unauthorized access and theft through a combination of NIST-certified encryption, tokenization, masking and secure file transfer capabilities. Encryption and tokenization are conveniently packaged together for protection of data at rest, while secure file transfer protects data moving across networks from view.
- Assure Security Risk Assessment,which examines more than a dozen categories of security values, open ports, powerful users and more to report on findings and deliver recommendations for addressing vulnerabilities. A summary report is provided for less technical stakeholders, and risk assessment services are available through Syncsort Global Services to perform the assessment and advise on remediation steps.
- Integration with Syncsort’s MIMIX and Quick-EDD High Availability products, which simplifies monitoring and switching for users of both Assure Security and Syncsort’s HA products.
To learn more about the new Assure Security software, go to www.syncsort.com