Teradata, the cloud data analytics platform company, is offering Teradata Vantage on Google Cloud, providing deployment flexibility across all three of the top public clouds.
This software-as-a-service offering provides access to Vantage—a data and analytics platform that unifies analytics, data lakes, and data warehouses—using Google Cloud resources.
“Teradata is committed to providing the best enterprise data analytics in the cloud. For us, this means offering our customers modern data analytics, but also flexibility with deployment options that don’t limit choice or lock them in,” said Hillary Ashton, chief product officer at Teradata. “Every company’s cloud strategy is different: for customers interested in cloud data analytics offerings using Google Cloud, Teradata is the only partner to meet their needs today, as well as tomorrow as their needs evolve.”
Subscriptions to Vantage on Google Cloud include the latest Teradata software, Google Cloud compute and storage resources, and environment management.
Standard benefits of using the cloud for data analytics—agility to respond quickly to emerging situations as well as freeing up money and time to focus on more valuable activities—are amplified with as-a-service offerings, according to Teradata.
Teradata manages the performance, security, availability, and operations of a customer’s analytics infrastructure using Google Cloud, including detailed tasks like software patches, version upgrades, and security monitoring.
Specifically designed, cloud-first elements in Teradata Vantage add further benefits for joint Teradata-Google Cloud customers:
- Size and Scale: With support for large configurations (up to 128 virtual machines) and a 99.9% availability guarantee, Vantage on Google Cloud offers customers with exceptional data needs a new public cloud solution.
- First Party Service Integration: Users can join with and query data in Google Cloud Storage, Persistent Disk, and soon also Dataproc, as well as integrate with preferred data pipeline, business intelligence, and visualization tools such as Pub/Sub, Cloud Functions, Data Fusion, Looker, and more.
- Customer Experience: Google Cloud’s Live Migration technology helps Vantage on Google Cloud customers mitigate the impact of both planned and unplanned maintenance by migrating running instances to new ones instead of requiring them to be rebooted, soothing business interruptions.
- Separation of Compute and Storage: Coupled with simple point-and-click elasticity, independent resource scaling enables Vantage on Google Cloud to more efficiently match customer workload demands.
- Vantage Software Consistency: Customers can re-use previous Teradata investments and eliminate recoding when migrating from on-premises to Google Cloud, thereby saving money and reducing risk.
As with all Vantage delivered as-a-service deployments, Vantage on Google Cloud provides near real-time data analytics with multi-dimensional scalability and concurrency.
Workload management on Vantage offers unrestricted data analytics and a seamless user experience that does not require knowledge about where a particular dataset resides.
Support for many popular data analytics languages – SQL, R, Python, SAS and Java – is included and simplified budgeting via predictable subscription pricing with no hidden fees eliminates billing surprises to ensure financial clarity.
For more information about this news, visit www.teradata.com.