TigerGraph, provider of a graph analytics platform, has launched “Graph for All Million Dollar Challenge,” a global search for innovative ways to harness the power of graph technology and machine learning to solve real world problems.
The challenge seeks to bring together brilliant minds to build innovative solutions to better our future with one question: How will you change the world with graph?
“Every day, more than 2.5 quintillion bytes of data are produced—that’s 18 zeros,” said Dr. Yu Xu, founder and CEO of TigerGraph. “Within this data are answers to critical health, climate, and business-related questions, and graph technology identifies those patterns across and within the data to find the answers. We’re giving one million dollars to innovators who push the boundaries of graph and AI technology to uncover new, transformational ways to solve real world issues. The challenge is officially on and we look forward to seeing thousands of registrants, hundreds of mind-blowing entries, and countless new ideas and concepts.”
Entrepreneurs, academics, engineers, and scientists have the freedom to create and use their own problem statement focused on a topic they are dedicated to or passionate about. Additionally, domain experts from around the world have contributed problem statements that contestants can select. A few examples include:
- Identify granular concepts that interlink multiple UN Sustainable Development Goals;
- Model the progression of COVID waves to better predict future waves;
- Understand patterns of diagnosis and treatment that point to potential off-label usage of drugs;
- Generate a model for individuals to track their own online information and make better decisions on who has their data, and what is being done with it;
- Add to the climate change knowledge by producing the time-series analysis for newly generated thermokarst lakes to help understand the impact in the polar regions.
The global virtual challenge is open to tech professionals, data scientists, engineers, university students, and researchers interested in discovering what is possible with graph and AI. Notable partners participating in the challenge include Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud, Google Dev Library, data.world, GitHub, Kubrick Group, Microsoft Azure, Plotly, and Women Who Code.
Registration is now open and the final submission deadline is April 20, 2022.
Contestants will be part of a worldwide competition to solve crucial problems and have an opportunity to share in $1,000,000 in cash prizes.
Entries will be judged based on the project’s impact, creativity, boldness, and adaptability:
- Most Impactful: The project’s level of impact on social good and the community at large
- Most Innovative: The project’s level of ingenuity and the ability to identify new, never-imagined uses of graph
- Most Ambitious: The project’s overall ability to push the boundary of a graph to drive data insights
- Most Applicable: The project’s relevancy to a wide range of organizations
Winners across the four main categories will be announced this May at the 2022 Graph + AI Summit.
For complete rules, judging committee, and resources, and to register, go to https://graphforall.devpost.com.