Unravel Data, a provider of full-stack visibility and AI-powered recommendations, is releasing a new cloud migration assessment to help organizations move data workloads to Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud faster and with lower cost.
Unravel has built a goal-driven and adaptive solution that provides comprehensive details of the source environment and applications running on it, identifies workloads suitable for the cloud and determines the optimal cloud topology based on business strategy, and computes the anticipated hourly costs.
The offer also provides actionable recommendations to improve application performance and enables cloud capacity planning and chargeback reporting, as well as other critical insights.
“Managing big data on-premises is complex and requires expert technical talent to troubleshoot most problems. That’s why more enterprises are moving their data workloads to the cloud, but the migration process isn’t easy, as there’s little visibility into costs and configurations,” said Kunal Agarwal, CEO, Unravel Data. “Unravel’s new cloud migration assessment offer delivers actionable insights and visibility so organizations no longer have to fly blind. No matter where an organization is in its cloud adoption and migration journey, now is the time to accelerate strategic thinking and execution, and this offering ensures the fastest, most cost effective and valuable transition for the full journey-to-cloud lifecycle.”
The assessment enables organizations to:
- Discover current clusters and detailed usage to make an effective and informed move to the cloud
- Identify and prioritize specific application workloads that will benefit most from cloud-native capabilities, such as elastic scaling and decoupled storage
- Define the optimal cloud topology that matches specific goals and business strategy, minimizing risks or costs. Users get specific instance types recommendations on the amount of storage needed with the option to choose between local attached and object storage
- Obtain the hourly costs expected to incur when moving to the cloud, allowing users to compare and contrast the costs for different cloud providers and services and for different goals
- Compare costs for different cloud options (across IaaS and Managed Hadoop/Spark PaaS services). Includes the ability to override default on-demand prices to incorporate volume discounts users may have received
- Optimize cloud storage tiering choices for hot, warm, and cold data
The Unravel cloud assessment service encompasses four phases. The first phase is a discovery meeting in which the project is scoped, stakeholders identified and KPIs defined.
Then during technical discovery, Unravel works with customers to define use cases, install the product and begin gathering workload data. The initial readout is next, when enterprises receive a summary of their infrastructure and workloads along with fresh insights and recommendations for cloud migration. Then comes the completed assessment, including final insights, recommendations and next steps.
For more information about this release, vist https://unraveldata.com/