VMware, Inc. is offering Cross-Cloud services to help customers navigate the multi-cloud era, giving users integrated services that will help deliver a faster and smarter path to cloud to build, run, and better secure apps across any cloud with freedom and flexibility. This announcement was made at VMWare 2021.
VMware's strategy is built to help customers eliminate the tough choices and challenges by giving them a powerful combination of freedom and control in their multi-cloud business.
“Multi-cloud is the digital business model for the next 20 years, as entire industries reinvent themselves,” said Raghu Raghuram, chief executive officer, VMware. “It’s no longer about a ‘cloud first’ approach—it’s about being ‘cloud smart’. Organizations should have the freedom to choose the ’right’ cloud, based on their strategic business goals. With our cloud-agnostic approach, we are uniquely positioned to meet our customers where they are and take them where they want to go. We give every organization the power to accelerate their innovation and control their own destiny in the multi-cloud era.”
To help customers navigate the multi-cloud era, VMware Cross-Cloud services will deliver three key advantages: an accelerated journey to the cloud, cost efficiency, flexibility, and control across any cloud.
VMware Cross-Cloud services expand the capabilities of VMware’s product portfolio for a multi-cloud world and will allow customers to pick and choose the services needed on the desired cloud to meet evolving business demands.
VMware Cross-Cloud services are comprised of five core building blocks:
- A state-of-the-art platform for building and deploying cloud-native apps;
- Cloud infrastructure for operating and running enterprise apps;
- Cloud management for monitoring and managing the performance and cost of apps across different clouds;
- Security and networking that spans across entire multi-cloud operations to connect and better secure all apps; and,
- A digital workspace to empower the distributed workforce along with edge solutions to deploy and manage edge-native apps.
At VMworld 2021, VMware also announced a variety of new innovations that span VMware Cross-Cloud services, including:
- Cloud Infrastructure and Management: Unveiling new multi-cloud innovations to help customers move to the cloud faster and more safely, accelerate app modernization, and adopt a cloud operating model.
- Apps: Introducing advancements in the VMware Tanzu portfolio to provide developers with the autonomy to build and deploy apps on any cloud.
- Edge: Introducing VMware Edge, a product portfolio that will enable customers to run and manage edge-native apps across multiple clouds, anywhere.
- Security and Networking: Announcing new security innovations to deliver end-to-end zero trust architecture inside and across cloud and app environments.
VMware also announced several new partner program innovations aligned to its customer first, partner-led strategy, including VMware Cloud Universal enabled for reseller partners, and VMware Success 360, which allows partners with master services competencies (MSCs) to, for the first time, offer their own customer success services for all the stages of the customer journey with VMware solutions.
In addition, new and refreshed VMware Customer Lifecycle Incentives are designed to fuel partner growth in services and cloud.
For more information about this news, visit www.vmware.com.