Veritas Technologies, a provider of enterprise data protection products, has updated its Enterprise Data Services Platform to extend ransomware protection to every part of the enterprise. Veritas’ flagship NetBackup solution delivers ransomware protection for containerized environments, immutability for Amazon S3, and integrated anomaly detection. Further enhancements include the launch of the NetBackup Flex 5350 appliance, which offers data immutability, expands performance, and completes the upgraded Veritas family of ransomware-hardened data protection appliances.
With the increase in ransomware attacks targeting mission-critical infrastructure such as oil andgas, healthcare, telecommunications, and beef and dairy, the newest NetBackup release represents a significant advancement in Veritas’ leadership of backup and recovery solutions by further protecting customers against increasingly prevalent ransomware attacks, regardless of where their data resides—cloud, containers, or on-prem, said Doug Matthews, VP of product Management at Veritas.
- Integrated AI/ML anomaly detection: Veritas is folding AI and machine learning-driven anomaly detection into NetBackup as an inclusive feature to alert backup admins of potential issues and ensure data is always recoverable.
- New ransomware-hardened appliance: Veritas’ new NetBackup Flex release delivers ransomware protection, from the edge of the enterprise network to the core data center, and now includes what the company calls the most complete family of hardened data protection appliances on the market today. According to Veritas, its new Flex 5350 appliance, with 300% improved backup performance, delivers 40% lower total cost of ownership, twice the performance and twice the capacity of its closest competitor, making it a strong option for consolidating the most demanding core data center workloads.
- CDP and NetBackup Instant Rollback for VMware: Veritas is now offering Continuous Data Protection and Instant Rollback capabilities enabling VMware users to quickly recover from ransomware and other events in minutes instead of hours.
- Multiple service level objectives: Starting with VMware but eventually expanding to any application, NetBackup now allows organizations to improve resilience from ransomware and other unplanned data loss events by defining and automatically executing multiple service level objectives, including the recovery technique (e.g., recover from backup, recovery from replication, etc.) and data, for each application.
- Immutable storage on Amazon S3: Veritas is extending Write Once Read Many (WORM) storage to AWS S3 cloud environments, enabling businesses to meet the most stringent compliance requirements while offering complete protection against ransomware.
In addition, NetBackup has introduced fully integrated native protection for Kubernetes environments:
- Complete Kubernetes protection: NetBackup provides native protection across multiple Kubernetes distributions and layers including clusters, namespaces, custom resources and persistent volumes to ensure complete protection and flexible recovery options. Today, Veritas protects against ransomware from edge to core to cloud?and from traditional to virtualized to containerized environments.
- Kubernetes integration: NetBackup has an agnostic approach to container protection allowing users to quickly add support for multiple Kubernetes distributions in the future. Today, NetBackup supports Red Hat OpenShift, VMware Tanzu and Google Kubernetes Engine, with support for additional Kubernetes platform distributions to follow.
NetBackup has also enhanced ransomware protection in the cloud:
- Cloud resource autoscaling: Veritas NetBackup delivers cost-effective ransomware resilience in the cloud by automatically provisioning/de-provisioning cloud resources as needed, ensuring backups do not fail due to insufficient resources, while managing costs.
- Cloud-based intelligent policies: NetBackup empowers businesses to simplify operations in the cloud while ensuring protection from ransomware and other unplanned data loss events by defining policies that automatically protect new workloads as they come online, avoiding data protection gaps.
- Faster and more secure data to the cloud: Enhancements to the NetBackup transport security layer makes data movement to the cloud 20% faster while new cryptographic encryption across all data transports, including replication, backup and recovery and deduplication, improves security and reduces vulnerabilities from attacks.
To learn more about the latest updates to NetBackup, visit http://vrt.as/NetBackup.