Veritas Technologies, a provider of data protection and availability, is introducing new innovations to its Enterprise Data Services Platform (EDSP) to help customers reduce risk, optimize cost, strengthen ransomware resiliency, and manage multi-cloud environments at scale.
With the launch of NetBackup 8.3, Veritas further empowers enterprise customers by improving the resiliency of their applications and infrastructure regardless of the context.
By extending the core of EDSP— NetBackup—to include the Veritas Resiliency Platform (VRP) and CloudPoint, Veritas delivers a single platform with enterprise resiliency features and functionality to protect and recover data wherever it resides.
With the innovations in NetBackup 8.3, organizations can dramatically reduce the risk and impact of system downtime, avoid disparate workload-specific point products, and realize cost savings by standardizing on a single platform across hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
NetBackup software’s latest innovations bring many new benefits to enterprise customers, including:
- Strengthened ransomware resiliency with security, protection, and recovery improvements
- Seamless, secure infrastructure supporting 2048-bit encryption and integration with third party key management systems (EKMS) giving customers choice
- Role-based access control (RBAC) enhancements that provide greater flexibility and simplify role management
- Added resiliency through granular recovery of virtual machines with near-zero Recovery Point Objective (RPO) and efficient Recovery Time Objective (RTO) thanks to Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
- Orchestrated rehearsals with zero production impact to verify the efficiency and effectiveness of recovery procedures
- Cloud-native data protection for all leading platforms
- Seamless workload and data portability in hybrid and multi-cloud, with both to-the-cloud and between-cloud storage tiers
- Expanded and simplified single platform for resiliency across any environment
- Enhanced workload support featuring substantial performance improvements and increased operational simplicity
- Total control of discovery, backup, restore, and automation at scale for Microsoft SQL, Oracle, and Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) to simplify management
“VMware has rapidly expanded our capabilities from compute virtualization to full-stack hyper-converged infrastructure across clouds, providing our customers' consistent infrastructure and operations with VMware Cloud Foundation,” said Lee Caswell, vice president of marketing at VMware. “NetBackup 8.3 demonstrates its value by providing flexible recovery and enhanced protection for VMware at scale.”
For more information about these updates, visit www.veritas.com.