Veritas Technologies, a provider in data protection, availability and insights, is launching Veritas NetBackup 9, delivering new features to provide customers with additional choices for deployment across edge, core and cloud, while increasing operational simplicity.
NetBackup 9 has been designed to answer the needs of customers operating demanding multi-cloud data centers with heterogenous environments that require a data protection platform without compromise, according to the vendor.
With NetBackup 9, Veritas now adds Flex Scale, offering customers a scale-out deployment option based on Veritas’ validated reference design.
This new architecture provides a hyperconverged approach to data protection that delivers cloud-like simplicity and scalability in an on-premises data center.
With NetBackup Flex Scale, businesses no longer need to forecast capacity needs and provision in anticipation of future growth. Instead, they are able to simply add more nodes as required. By empowering enterprises to extend their standardization on Veritas to include scale-out, customers can be freed from the management complexity associated with disparate point solutions for data protection.
“Digital transformation is helping enterprises to accelerate service delivery and reduce costs. The best strategy for businesses that want to embrace hyperconverged architectures is to standardize on a single data protection platform,” said Deepak Mohan, executive vice president, products organization, at Veritas Technologies. “Veritas NetBackup 9 with Flex Scale gives customers freedom of choice with the most flexible deployment models in the industry today by empowering them to protect over 800 workloads in a scale-out, scale-up, or cloud storage model.”
NetBackup software-defined deployment modes now include:
- NetBackup - in the cloud, on Build-Your-Own Server (BYOS), purpose-built appliances and virtual appliances
- NetBackup Flex - secure, multitenant containerized deployment
- NetBackup Flex Scale - a software-defined, automated, hyperconverged solution for next-generation data centers
NetBackup streamlines management of the most dynamic environments through orchestrated automation of discovery, protection, and recovery. This latest release adds:
- Advanced, policy-driven automation to manage all aspects of deployment, provisioning, scaling, load-balancing, cloud integration and recovery operations.
- Auto discovery of workloads to accelerate time-to-value for data protection services, eliminate gaps in protection and reduce risk
- API-first focus that expands and deepens integrations into enterprises existing toolchains and cloud-based workflows.
- Simplified enterprise data protection for mission-critical OpenStack environments.
NetBackup 9 also includes new features to simplify enterprise data protection for mission-critical OpenStack environments.
Utilizing OpenStack native APIs, NetBackup 9 delivers seamless integration, multi-tenant controls, and intuitive self-service management.
In addition to offering scalability and performance benefits, NetBackup 9 can dramatically reduce costs and the burden of administrative management, while ensuring high-performance backup and recovery operations for OpenStack both on-premise and in public clouds, according to the vendor.
For more information about these updates, visit www.veritas.com.