Zorroa Corp., a provider of accessible machine learning (ML) integration solutions backed by Gradient Ventures, Google’s AI-focused venture fund, has officially launched an ML SaaS platform, Boon AI. The platform unlocks the ML API ecosystem through a single point-and-click visual interface, reducing cost of ML adoption and making ML accessible as a competitive differentiation in media-driven organizations
According to the company, organizations struggle to find a way to test, evaluate, and discover optimal business cases for ML without the traditionally high costs and months or years of lead time. The proliferation of cloud services, a shortage in tech talent, and the risk and unpredictable nature of data science only add to the complexity. Boon aims to enable media technologists to integrate ML capabilities into their digital media supply chain via APIs in a matter of days or even hours. Boon drives workflow automations and opens up new revenue streams that would otherwise not be feasible without AI and machine learning.
Boon modernizes media supply chain workflows by:
- Enabling ML projects to be kicked off without code: Customers can stand up ML projects quickly without vendor integrations, ML domain expertise, or dedicated development teams, accelerating time to first proof of concept.
- Supporting multi-vendor interoperability: With Boon, customers get direct access to the ML ecosystem that includes Google Cloud, AWS, and Azure ML APIs, and can seamlessly integrate ML-generated metadata into their media management or production applications without breaking their existing workflows.
- Scaling rapid-cycle innovations: Boon eliminates decreases development time and arms media technologists with the tools they need to build ML-powered applications with the agility of traditional software development.
“We had figured out ways for our customers to extract value from massive volumes of media, but it still required high levels of custom engineering that led to a rigid process and was never going to scale. We needed to make ML innovations more accessible by making it easy for customers to leverage the growing ecosystem of ML APIs through a single GUI, and that’s Boon AI,” said Marc Stevens, president and CEO of Zorroa. “Boon allows media technologists to quickly stand up machine learning initiatives, run agile experiments, and accelerate their ML innovation projects with lower risk levels, compressing what would have otherwise been years of development down to days or even hours.”
Just as no-code software allows for app development without programming knowledge, Boon AI allows for ML API integrations without dedicated development or data science teams. With Boon, organizations that previously did not have access to AI/ML can now run agile experiments and rapidly scale projects by taking advantage of its capabilities:
- A single visual interface for accessing Google Cloud, AWS, and Azure ML APIs without vendor integrations
- Easy ML implementation for automating media management tasks including metadata tagging, image classification, speech-to-text, and content moderation
- Ability to seamlessly integrate ML predictions into existing apps using Python SDK and REST API
- Media ingestion and pre-processing at scale
- The infrastructure to evaluate, store, index, and search the ML results
The Boon platform is now available in the Google Cloud Marketplace.