Helping customers manage the influx of mobile devices, networks and applications in the enterprise, SAP has unveiled a new release of the Afaria mobile device management solution. With the 7.0 release of Afaria, SAP aims to allow enterprise IT to more effectively manage mobile applications and devices through a new user interface (UI) for simplified administration, improved workflow and enterprise integration capabilities.
"The consumerization of IT is driving our innovation path and commitment to providing customers with the industry's most comprehensive, robust and streamlined mobility management platform, including mobile device management," says Sanjay Poonen, president, Global Solutions, SAP. "From powering a 'consumer-like' mobile enterprise app store to providing 'at-a-glance' analytics for rapid business decisions, the new release of Afaria future-proofs customer investment by laying the groundwork for long-term innovation."
As the number of personally-owned mobile devices in the enterprise continues to grow, SAP plans to provide IT managers with an automated way to configure and secure those devices with Afaria. These capabilities will include end-user self-service portals to help reduce IT workloads by allowing users to enroll and manage their devices; application management to keep workforces productive through seamless app delivery, updates, security and integration with SAP Store; device security to protect sensitive corporate data while leaving personal data untouched; and telecom cost control to help reduce overall mobile total cost of ownership through early alerts.
And to simplify and streamline administration from a single console, the new release of Afaria includes:
- A new UI, requiring fewer clicks to perform functions, making it simple for users and administrators. Optimized for touchpad interaction, the new UI can be accessed via iPad and other tablets.
- A new web services application programming interface (API) layer, providing full access by customers and partners to help integrate with enterprise systems for automation between mobile device management and the corporate systems.
- Integration with the SAP BusinessObjects portfolio, enabling new business intelligence reporting with powerful, drill-down analysis capabilities.
- Simple, quick workflows, streamlining common tasks, maximizing IT productivity and help desk efficiency through an intuitive and consolidated UI.
- Administration on-the-gothrough access to the administration console from web browsers Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox.
- Telecommunication expense management (TEM), enabling administrators to better manage mobile costs such as voice and data roaming.
For more information about Afaria, go to www.sybase.com/products/mobileenterprise/afaria