The requirements of interactive online applications are dramatically increasing, with users demanding ever-higher levels of availability (uptime). At the same time, datacenter and cloud infrastructures are becoming increasingly complex and failure prone. A novel approach to multi-regional replication of MySQL is presented, which in combination with several other minor modifications to the application stack can make 100% availability a reality. A future vision is provided for the next-generation applications enabled by this innovative solution.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: Availability
- Limitations of MySQL Replication Approaches
- Solving Multi-Region, Master-Master Replication: GenieDB v1.0 Features
- GenieDB: Beyond Version 1.0
- Considerations Above the Database Layer
- The Future of Next-Generation Applications